Monday, August 4, 2014

Testimony: God Speaks To Everyone

I'm excited to show this video.

For one, it speaks to me, but not personally. Let me explain. If what happened to him happened to me I would still be like "Ummm... Okay."

I love how this video shows that God speaks to each of us in our own time and in a way that we will understand.



You know those "YOU, TOO?!" moments you share that immediately set things in motions, whether it's a realization or a new friendship? This video gave me a couple of those.

Here's the kicker. There must be a lesson I need to learn, because not long after viewing the video and starting this post, I received a message from a friend I hadn't heard from in a while. Isn't that the way these stories always start?!

First, a little background. One of my brothers, the one I wanted to call, served his mission in England. London England South Mission, to be exact. Some of the people he met over there became Facebook friends with us, his family, here in America. It was fun! There were even a few my age, which is always exciting. One of which, I became really good friends with. We messaged each other a lot. He read the Book of Mormon and prayed to know if it was true. Consequently, he was baptized. That's always great! However, he eventually fell away. Our conversations became more and more sparse.

Fast forward to this past week! I get a message from him asking if I was done with my mission and asking how I am. Needless to say, I was excited. Very excited. When I answered, I was surprised to see my excitement reciprocated! To summarize, he finally found the courage to take a step towards his goal of coming to Utah. YEEESSSSSS! More than that! He wanted to be here for the influence. He described his environment to be corrupt. Life had been rough on him, poor kid.
But here's the point of all this. He told me he knew God knew he could be better and wanted him to become the person He knows he could be. He told me God hadn't given up on him.

YOU TOO?!

It happens to me (almost daily), it happened to my friend, it happened to Todd Sylvester, it's happening to you too.
How much our Father in Heaven must love us to constantly and consistently care for us, especially when we choose to ignore Him. I would be so frustrated. He is always reaching out with merciful arms.  I know He lives and that He will always love us, no matter what. He knows you and I better than we know ourselves. I know this by experience. If He can love someone as frustrating as myself, He can and does love you. No buts! If you don't know it, or if you are unsure, ask Him for yourself. He's listening.

S ljubavlju (With Love)
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment