Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov 5 - Week 23

I have been so overcome with gratitude this week! 
I just want to be grateful towards everything! I am perfectly content to sit and wallow in my gratefulness. You may bask in my gratefulness if you like. It is warm and happy, and no matter what happens, it's all good. 
I've failed another breathing test. There's not much difference from the last two. So now it's on to two more doctors. I'm thinking they should hospital passports or something. In the field, we use to compare the stamps we got from crossing borders. Patients can show which doctors they have seen. Just a thought.
In case you haven't heard by now, I have been released. Only momentarily, until we can figure out what's going on. This way, my time here doesn't count against my mission clock. I can also now listen to music and be without a companion. Hugs are also permitted. 
Remember my thought oh so long ago about the loaves and fishes? I have another one for you. This one comes curtesy of Jacob 5. This long chapter is often used to talk about different kinds of people and what lies in store for them in the future (good fruit vs bad fruit). What I like about this chapter is it inspires hope.
"Now Sis Farnsworth", you might be thinking, "If your a bad fruit you get burned. That's not very hopeful." That is right. But as with all parables, there is a representation of the Atonement. This chapter also talks about the soil. The Master of the Vineyard (ili Gospodar Vinograda) plants in the the "poorest spot" (vs 21) and he tends it until it brings forth good fruit. If we allow the power of the Atonement to work in our lives we will thrive.
One more thought. We may feel that whatever duty we are asked to fulfill is beyond our capability. We're not pure enough, smart enough, hard-working enough, nice enough, or any other number of flaws we may possess. We may view ourselves as the "poorest spot". In vs 22, Gospodar Vinograda says to his servant "Counsel me not; I knew it was a poor spot of the ground." He is fully aware of our short comings. He's not the primary teacher who thinks your scribbled crayon art should be in the Met. He knows our weaknesses better than anyone, including ourselves. "I have nourished it this long time, and thou beholdest that it hath brought forth much fruit." The Lord knows best. Trust in Jesus. He will lead us safely. He invests so much in us. He trusts us, too. 

Good winds and a following sea!
Aubrey

P.S.
I'm taking the password off of my mission blog. I'll continue to keep everyone updated.
P.P.S.
I spent my service time this week with my family at the Nightmare Express in Lindon. I dressed up as an old lady/family historian, Lone Sister (like the Lone Ranger, but a sister... ha... haha... Get it?), and Robin (from Batman). I was still called Sister Robin. Some days I didn't dress up. It was lots of fun! That's what the pictures are from.

"Families can be together AFTER death?"


Sestra-in-Training. Demonstrating the proper way a scarf should be worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment