Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sept 30 - Week 19

Halloween started off early! I got to spend 48 hours masquerading as a science experiment gone lose from the lab! I had wires poking out of my body and everything! It was perfect. Besides the fact that I couldn't shower and my wires kept getting caught. It was still fun. Especially when the normal average Josephine asked what I was doing home. I simply indicated my big round stickers and copious amount of wires. 

But wait! There's more! Before said heart monitoring, I had a blood test on Thursday. It was THE BEST blood test EVER!!! I have always, without fail, had some kind of horror story to accompany my blood tests. The worse thing that happened was that the nurse was on hold with my doctor's office for at least 12 minutes. I loved this blood test. It was quick and almost painless. This, I KNOW, was a miracle. Not luck. I am convinced that God takes whatever opportunities He can to show He loves us. We just need to recognize it. It's like someone who leaves food on the table. It's there for you. You can mindlessly eat it, or you can savor it. Same action, just a different attitude. 

Last week's test results show that I have a heart. That's good news. The ultrasound showed that my heart looks absolutely spiffy! The EKG had a measurement that was a bit off. I tell you all of this because whoever guesses the correct diagnosis will get a tasty prize. So go to it House fans and hometown Sherlocks. Can you guess it before the doctors do? (WPW syndrome, anyone?)

We leave you now form the crossroads of the west with this short thought. Psalms 23. Have you ever read it? You've probably sung it. I love it! It is so beautiful! It refers to the Lord being the good shepherd in a beautifully poetic way. This weeks thought not only applies to missionary work, but anyone who has made the baptismal covenant to comfort those in need of comfort, and so on and so forth. 
Who better to find the lost sheep than the Shepherd? Who better to lead to green pastures and "make to lie down"? We do not know the needs of those we interact with. Not perfectly, anyways. Those we work with, those we visit or home teach. Those we greet. But the Shepherd does. That is why it is so important to always have His spirit with us. We can be His rod and staff. 
What are the rods and staffs in your life?
Peace and blessings!
Sestra Farnsworth
P.S The picture was taken at the Provo hospital just before getting to holter removed. I was SO ready to get it off!
For your convenience I have included Psalm 23


Psalm 23

King James Version (KJV)
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

There are four additional sticker things making a grand total of seven markers in my torso. Fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment