Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sept 16 - Week 17

Oh! Hey there!
Good news and bad news. Good news: We finally got test results back from the pulmonology test. Bad news: Something is wrong (we knew that already) Good news: It's NOT emotional. We have finally been able to rule that sucker out. Bad news: We don't know exactly what is wrong. Good news: We've finally started experimenting with different medicines. Bad news: We have to wait to get an appointment with another doctor (pulmonologist) Good news: The doctor from Mission HQ assigned to me called me and let me know not to stress about a deadline. Bad news: I have no idea when I will be returning to the field or when a decision will be made.
In other news! The family (my parents and two of my brothers) were in Wyoming this weekend. Since I am pathetic and weak I stayed behind and got to spend the weekend with one of my brothers, his wife, and their adorable red glava-ed little girl. It was great! I've been on an exchange with them once before and really wanted to spend more time with them while in the states. Then this wonderful opportunity came up! Someone up there loves me. 
I learned how to daily/nightly plan, how to help a toddler drink gatorade out of the big gatorade bottle, how to answer the question "What are you doing here?" and "I didn't we had sisters in the area." My niece taught me how to bust down a move, and I finally tracked down and read The Fourth Missionary. I would definitely suggest this to every missionary. It's may look intimidating because it's a 25 page essay (no exaggeration) but so is a mission. So learn it and love it!
As if my mission wasn't unique enough as it is, I got to do some service at the local theater. If any of you see Shrek:The Musical at the Screa Theater, think of me when you see all the "sturdy brown" set pieces. I painted those myself, with love.
With all the fun and exciting things that happened, I didn't take a single picture! So here is a list based off of "White blonde girl problems" and the such.

Sestra in Utah Valley problems:
Accidentally talking/texting to family in mission language after talking to a friend
"What are you doing here?" and "Are you a REAL sister missionary?"
Do you remember the last time you were babysat? I can. (It was 5 minutes ago.)
"I can't! I'm a missionary!" vs "Well it doesn't EXACTLY say anything against it in the white handbook..."
"Where are you from?" Here. "Oh."
Talking with friends family and strangers turns into "Hey, want to talk about the gospel?" 
Never knowing who and if you're allowed to hug
As Ses Marks would put it "Where are my friends?"
Receiving farewells that are ONLY appropriate in this situations such as "I hope I don't see you again for a long long time."
Seeming like a rather unfit personal by gasping like a fish after coming up a small flight of stairs. Haha 
Discovering unlimited access to General Conference (dating back from the 70's) and Music and the Spoken Word becomes a highlight and tender mercy. Who's up for a M&SW marathon! I'll make Ä‡evapi!

More to come. 
Peace and Blessings!

Ses Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment